Welcome To Punishment Racing. DSM Parts Are Our Specialty.
If you want to build the baddest DSM on the planet, you’ve come to the right website! We do one thing and one thing only, find the absolute best turbo Eclipse, Talon, & Laser performance parts available. You won’t find overpriced products that drain your wallet while adding little to no power to your ride. We leave that to the other shops on the internet.
There are a million places to buy your parts, so we do something a little different. We find test and abuse every part on the market for the Diamond Star Motorsports family of street demons. The DSM parts that we recommend are the best bang for your buck options available. They aren’t the biggest name brands. You probably won’t see ads for them on Facebook or the forums, but they do the job and save you money. Which is what being a real DSMer is all about.
What’s with the love of these old cars? One thing, at least for us, going fast on a budget. Dollar for dollar the DSM is tough to beat when it comes to building a fast street or strip car with limited funds. So many people have gone extremely fast on a bone stock 4G63 that it’s no big deal anymore. 11 second quarter miles? Yep. 10’s? Done that. Hell, there’s been a couple of nuts pushing these cars deep into the 9’s on a stock block. And that’s why we deal with the occasional issues that pop up.
The Future Of DSM Performance Parts.
The primary issue we face is that DSMs are slowly dying off. There are fewer and fewer Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers in existence every year, making it not worthwhile for companies to continue building parts. The community is shrinking, and the demand for DSM performance parts is dwindling. At one point, there were dozens of shops making parts. Now there are just a few left, and most of them are focusing on other platforms. They don’t have a choice. If they didn’t, they would be out of business.
We’ve tried everything possible to remain the last DSM only shop on the planet with mixed success. Fabricating performance parts is
We had to discontinue our DSM o2 Housings and DSM T3 Manifolds years ago when the demand for these parts declined. The average DSMer doesn’t want to spend a ton of money on parts, and we get that because neither do we 😂
What’s Next For Punishment Racing?
We are transitioning this website into a resource for car culture as a whole. We will be posting how to’s in-depth product testing and general news related to the community.
Why do this? Hopefully, you find this helpful when your researching upgrades for your car. And if you do find it useful, you’ll support what we do. Everyone wins.
- Ball Bearing Turbo GuideBall Bearing Turbo The ball bearing turbo is becoming the turbocharger of choice for many boost maniacs. These quick spooling turbochargers have less lag and allow us to run … Read more
- GFB Boost ControllerGFB Boost Controller GFB Boost Controllers are now available on our website. Go Fast Bits manufactures some of the highest quality performance parts in the industry. They are meticulously … Read more
- Universal Intercooler Kit Buyers GuideOne of the essential pieces of a turbo system is the front mount intercooler. When you're looking for a front mount intercooler kit, you have two choices, a direct … Read more
- Best Manual Boost Controller In 2020Best Overall | Best Under $25 | Best High Performance | Manual Boost Control Basics | How To Install When you have a turbo-powered vehicle there is one thing … Read more
- Turbosmart Electronic Wastegate Is On Its WayTurbosmart recently announced the upcoming release of its electronic wastegate. This new technology will be a game-changer in the world of turbocharging. PART NUMBERS TS-0553-1502 – Gen-V eWG45 Hyper-Gate … Read more
- Garrett G42 TurboThe new Garrett G42 turbos offer automotive enthusiasts a new range of quick spooling, high horsepower boost solutions. The new G-series billet compressor wheel redefines what we thought was … Read more